Militaria art and sculptures and other related military memorabilia such as statues of soldiers, pilots and other fighters and warriors.
A rare and unique piece of history featuring a commemorative plaque presented to Marshall Ferdinand Foch, the Supreme Allied Commander during the First World War, and Georges Clemenceau, Prime Minister and Minister of War during the war. The plaque shows all of the characteristics of World War One such as the trench warfare, airplanes and zeppelins first used in battle, firearms, helmets and digging tools. In the center is a French soldier holding a flag that is being kissed by a woman, maybe representing the gratefulness of the French nation to its brave fighters. The plaque was presented as part of the Law of November 17th 1918, that was established to pay national tribute to the armies and their leaders who participated in World War One, the war to end all wars. The writing in the center translates to:
The Law of November 17, 1918
To the armies and their chiefs
To the government of the Republic
the citizen Georges Clémenceau
President of the Council
Minister of War
Supreme leader of the allied armies
From a well deserved Fatherland
This commemorative World War One plaque in appreciation to George Clémenceau and Marshall Foch is a one of a kind piece of history and is in museum quality significance.
I am open to best offers for price.
An Ottoman artillery cannon brass coat of arms with the Turkish tughra of either Sultan Mehmed V (reign: 1909-1918) or Sultan Mehmed VI, the last Sultan of the Ottoman empire, ruling from 1918 t0 1922 when the Ottoman empire was dissolved and the Republic of Turkey was established. The tughra is a calligraphic monogram, seal or signature of a sultan that was affixed to all official documents and items such as coinage. Each Sultan had his own tughra which was designed during the beginning of his reign by his court calligrapher. This brass coat of arms or crest was affixed to an artillery canon and is now secured to a wooden base with eight brass pins. The crest is intricately made featuring flags, spears, swords, revolvers, books, flowers and a shield in the center. Dimensions 19cm x 13cm including the base (7.5 x 1.18 inches)
A beautiful set of two bronze plaques commemorating the battle of Mulhouse also called the Battle of Alsace, which began on 7 August 1914 and was the opening attack of the First World War by the French Army against Germany. The Germans counter attacked days later making the French leave the city on the 11th of August. The plaques feature A French officer kissing an Alsatian young woman in traditional dress who throws herself in his arms. In the background the French infantry are charging and on the right a fallen panel inscribed with DEUTSCHES REICH. The plaques are signed on the left: Joe Descomps SCR, A Chambin Editeur, and on the right Georges Scott, 8 Aout (August) 1914. One of the plaques is on a large wooden frame and the other plaque is on a wooden desk stationary pad with 1914-1918 shown on the bottom. Dimensions Large plaque: 21 cm x 28 cm (8.26 inches x 11 inches) Notepad plaque: 11 cm x 21.5 cm (4.3 inches x 8.4 inches)
Israeli Air Force Mirage jet commemorative model display in art deco style made of die cast aluminum and a wooden base with the Israel Air Force insignia on it. The Mirage is distinct with it triangular wings, single engine and pointed front. This display of the IAF Mirage jet was usually given as a gift to retired Air Force personnel and foreign dignitaries. It is in very good condition with normal blemishes due to its age. Dated under the base 14th of November 1972. Dimensions: Height: 13.5 cm (5.3 inches) Length: 23 cm (9 inches) Width: 12.5 cm (5 inches)
L'Armurier or The Arm's Maker by Henryk Kossowski Jr. is a beautiful French bronze sculpture depicting a swordsmith inspecting his work and wondering about its quality. The statue is beautifully cast and detailed as were many of the works done at the Siot-Decauville and sculpted by Henryk Kossowski Jr. who was active during the years of 1880-1915. This swordsmith sculpture is featured in the book “Bronzes: Sculptors and Founders, Vol. II“ on page 379, where it is identified as “L'Armurier“ or “The Arm's Maker“. It is bronze with golden gild and shown with the edge of his work bench and clamp beside his leg. The sword itself is in tact, which in many cases is either broken or missing. The sculpture is signed by the artist in the base "H. Kossowski" and marked by the Siot-Decauville foundry "II 251". Dimensions: Height: 33 cm (13 inches) Width: 12 cm (4.7 inches) Weight: 2.9 Kg (6.4 lbs.)
A German brass plaque featuring a crew of three soldiers operating the Schwarzlose Machine Gun. The plaque in German: Erinnerung a.d. Dienstzeit translating to "In memory of the years in service" and dated 1935. The Schwarzlose M. 7 was designed by the Prussian firearms designer Andreas Wilhelm Schwarzlose in 1904, and used in service between 1908 to a bit after 1945. The a Schwarzlose is a belt-fed machine gun, usually mounted on a tripod, and used by the Austro-Hungarian empire and later Germany, Italy, Greece, Netherlands, Sweden, Russia and in some colonial conflicts. Dimensions: Width: 17 cm Height: 19.5
German Iron Cross picture frame for commemorating a fallen soldier. This is a World War One era picture frame from the Austro-Hungarian empire period. Dimensions: Width: 14.6 cm Height: 17 cm
South African memorial plaque for a soldier killed in action in World War Two. The plaque is of a bronze cross mounted on a wooden base. The cross features the South African coat of arms with Latin motto "EX-UNITATE-VIRES" translated "from unity, strenght", with a label below inscribed, ‘Killed in Action - World War 1939 1945 Gesneuwel Wereldoorlog C288218 PTE. J.F.Busby, C.C. 7.6 x 7.6 mm
The Škoda 305 mm Mörser Model 1911 was a siege howitzer artillery cannon produced by Škoda Works and used by the Austro-Hungarian Army during World War I and by Nazi Germany in World War II after they took over the factory. This bronze plaque commemorates the production of the Skoda 30.5 cm (305 mm) howizer cannons during WW1 between 1914-1915. The back of the plaque is marked: System SkodaWerke, Pilsen.
The Knight of Verona is a gilded bronze sculpture of "Cangrande I della Scalla", an Italian nobleman, belonging to the della Scala family which ruled Verona from 1308 until 1387. Della Scalla was an acclaimed warrior and autocrat becoming sole ruler of Verona in 1311 to his death in 1329. The Knight of Verona statue features Cangrande with his helmet, armor and drawn sword on his horse which is draped in cloth on a marble base. The sculpture was made by Hans Muller of Austria (1873-1937) and signed, famous for his bronze sculptures of famous individuals as well as everyday life. The original statue is currently at the Castelvecchio castle, in Verona, Italy. Dimensions: Height: 20 cm Length: 14 cm Width: 6.5 cm Weight: 1.66 Kg
Gaulois by Adolphe Jean Lavergne bronze sculpture of ancient Celtic warrior. This bronze sculpture of a Gaul warrior, features the Celtic fighter with his helmet, holding his sword in one hand and a leaf in another, axe hanging from his belt and a fur garment covering his groin. A beautiful depiction of this ancient French Celtic warrior by French sculptor Adolphe Jean Lavergne (1852-1901). Dimensions Height: 49 cm Width: 15 cm Length: 15 cm Weight: 6 Kg
A metal bust statue of Charles Lindbergh with a flight cap and goggles and wearing a leather flight jacket used in the 1920's. This Charles Lindbergh bust sculpture is made of cast metal with a bronze finish. It was manufactured by the Grannis & Tolton Company of Detroit, Michigan in the United States. It is marked in raised script on the back: "Lindy-Bank copy by G&T 1928" and the signature of the artist Nison Tregor. The bust is on a marble-like (maybe onyx) base in green and black colors. Dimensions: Height: 21 cm (8.26 inches) Width: 10 cm (3.93 inches) Weight: 1.9 Kg (4.18 Lbs)